“We Proclaim Jesus Christ and Promote
Communities of Joy, Hope, Love and Peace”
Mobile Congregation International Headquarters
672 Azalea Road 1001 W. Walnut
Mobile, AL 36609 Independence, MO 6405
Congregation Pastoral Team
Pastor: Wayne Gibson, 228/383-7888 (call or text), email@example.com
Jerolyn McManus 251-455-5766
Joe Bracewell 251-344-6137
John Sebastian 251-661-7753
“Listen to the Voice of God”
February 11, 2018
Announcements Elder Wayne Gibson
Prelude Elder Sheila Steiner
Presider’s Ministry Elder Wayne Gibson
Call to Worship Marina Gibson & Noah Wilson
*Hymn of Rejoicing “When the Morning Stars Together” CCS 93
*Invocational Prayer Elder Wayne Gibson
*Response Elder Sheila Steiner
Scripture Reading Mark 9:1-6 Priest Peggy Clements
Hymn of Centering “Fairest Lord Jesus” CCS 33
Morning Message High Priest Cindy Elmore
Meditational Moment Elder Sheila Steiner
Disciples’ Generous Response Deacon Donnie Startz
Blessing & Receiving of Mission Tithes and Offerings
Pastor’s Statement of Vision and Hope Elder Wayne Gibson
*Closing Hymn “O My People, Saith the Spirit” CCS 604
*Sending Forth Sean Phinney
*Postlude Elder Sheila Steiner
* Denotes congregation is invited to stand when directed or to remain standing.
“CCS” Denotes “Community of Christ Sings,” the blue hymn book.
Deacon in Charge Jeremy Wilson
WHAT’S COMING UP
1. This Wednesday, February 14
10:30a.m. Congregational Prayer Service
2. This Saturday, February 17
8:00 a.m. – Noon Food Pantry Distribution Day in the ROC
5:00 p.m. Loves of Our Life – Songs and Desserts gathering.
3. Next Sunday, February 18
9:30a.m. Everyone gather in Fellowship room for meet & greet and a devotion.
9:30 – 10:30am Choir practice
9:45 – 10:35a.m. Sunday school (classes according to age group)
10:45 – 11:00a.m. Announcements
11:00– Noon Worship Service: Scout Sunday
Presider: Scout Leaders
Deacon in Charge: Donnie Startz
Accompanist: Anne Rose
1. The Congregational Prayer service will be this Wednesday, February 14 at 10:30am. Please make plans to attend. We will open the church at 9:00am to everyone for meditation.
2. The Loves of Our Life – Songs and Desserts! Saturday, Feb. 17th at 5:00 pm. Contact Larry or Sheila with questions.
1. Love Songs in the Sanctuary – We will have lots of solos and groups singing love songs we love!
2. Desserts in the Fellowship Hall – We are asking you to bring a dessert that has something to do with love!
3. No cleaning teams will be needed anymore as the church is now being cleaned by professionals for $200 a month.
4. The choir will practice the next 2 Sundays, February 18th and 25th, 9:30 – 10:30am.
1. Pastor Wayne Gibson is available on Wednesday & Friday mornings 8:00am – 12:00pm at the church
2. We post videos of our Sunday 11:00 a.m. worship services at www.cofchristmobile.com.
3. We’re on Facebook—search for “Community of Christ Church Mobile.”
4. David Gross, Jr. can make you a very nice church logo name badge if you want. Ask him for one via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Joe Bracewell is available for hospital ministry. (344 – 6137)
“Bear one another’s burdens and so fulfill the
law of Christ.” Galatians 6:2
Family of Joyce Taylor (neighbor of Gail Peavy who passed away)
Dot Brister (member of Escatawpa congregation, recovering from a stroke)
Patrick Kaufman and family (39-yr old friend of George Farnell, Melanoma stage 4)
Tommy Richardson (neighbor of Ed Fleming, dealing with effects of a stroke)
Lori Johnson (friend of Stancil Wilson)
Loretta Yokum and family (Rochelle Pitts’ grandmother whose husband passed away)
Vic Peavy (nephew of Charles Peavy, heart problems)
The family of Linda Wertz
Albert McManus III (psoriatic arthritis)
The President of our country
Elizabeth Barbour (recovering from a stroke)
The law enforcement officers of our community
Donna McCauley (Allen Memorial Home, Room 56)
NOTE: Prayer requests will remain on the prayer list for one month and will be deleted unless we are notified otherwise. Please call Debbie Lynn, 251-604-2890, to add or delete names. You can also email Debbie: email@example.com
• $1,346 – Average weekly income to meet 2018 budget
• $1,189 – Average weekly income for January