“We Proclaim Jesus Christ and Promote
Communities of Joy, Hope, Love and Peace”
Mobile Congregation International Headquarters
672 Azalea Road 1001 W. Walnut
Mobile, AL 36609 Independence, MO 6405
Congregation Pastoral Team
Pastor: Wayne Gibson, 228/383-7888 (call or text), email@example.com
Jerolyn McManus 251-455-5766
Joe Bracewell 251-344-6137
John Sebastian 251-661-7753
“Lose Your Life or Save It”
February 25, 2018
Announcements Elder Wayne Gibson
Prelude Elder Anne Rose
Call to Worship Sister Addison Humphreys
*Hymn “The God of Abraham Praise” CCS 94
*Response Elder Anne Rose
Prayer for Peace and prayers for the lost
Testimony of lost and found
Hymn “O My Soul, Bless Your Creator” CCS 220
Disciples’ Generous Response Sister Martee Gibson
Blessing & Receiving of Mission Tithes and Offerings
Sermon Priest John Parker
*Closing Hymn “Called By Christ to Love Each Other” CCS 577
*Benediction High Priest Tim Hogue
*Postlude Elder Anne Rose
* Denotes congregation is invited to stand when directed or to remain standing.
“CCS” Denotes “Community of Christ Sings,” the blue hymn book.
Deacon in Charge Deacon Rick Griffin
WHAT’S COMING UP
1. Today after Church Seniors Meeting
2. This Thursday, March 8
6:30 p.m. Bible Study Group at Sonny & Jean Goff’s home.
3. Next Sunday, March 11
9:30a.m. Everyone gather in Fellowship room for meet & greet and a devotion.
9:45 – 10:35a.m. Sunday school (classes according to age group)
10:45 – 11:00a.m. Announcements
11:00– Noon Worship Service: “What Wondrous Love”
Presider: Stancil Wilson
Speaking: Larry Steiner
Deacon in Charge: Rick Griffin
Accompanist: Anne Rose
4. Next Wednesday, March 14
10:30a.m. Congregational Prayer get together
1. All Seniors please meet after church in the sanctuary for a brief meeting.
2. The Celebration of Life for Louise Sebastian will be tomorrow, Monday, March 5 at the Memorial Gardens. Visitation 10 – 12; Memorial Service 12:00 noon followed by the graveside service.
3. A special offering will be taken next Sunday, March 11, for Mobile Police Officer Justin Billa who was killed in the line of duty.
4. Remember Daylight Savings time begins next Sunday. Don’t be late!
5. Congregational Sharing and Prayer get together will be Wednesday, March 14 at 10:30am. Come enjoy sharing with us.
6. Azalea Reunion, March 11-16, Bluff Springs Campground. Guest Ministers will be Apostle Barbara Carter and Elder Barbara Walden, Director of Historic Sites Foundation. Cost: $245 per person. See Pastor Gibson for registration forms and more information.
7. Aaronic Priesthood meeting for ALL Aaronic Priesthood will be March 18, 2:30pm. Very important. Please plan to attend
8. Choir practice for March will be on March 18th and 25th to prepare for the Easter Service on April 1.
9. New worship coming! Come and see on March 18th.
10. ATTENTION: The Easter Sunday service will begin at 10:30am. Please take note and help us spread the word to family and friends.
11. The Women’s Department will meet on Saturday, March 24, 2018 at 10:30am at the church. Lunch will be provided. Make plans to attend! See you there!
12. Blankets donated by members of our Community of Christ congregation have been delivered by the Women’s Department to residents at Knollwood Rest Home, William F. Green Veterans Home, and Allen Health and Rehabilitation Center. Also, blankets were delivered to several church family members who are presently homebound. Recipients were most grateful for both the blankets and the personal visits.
1. Pastor Wayne Gibson is available on Wednesday & Friday mornings 8:00am – 12:00pm at the church
2. We post videos of our Sunday 11:00 a.m. worship services at www.cofchristmobile.com.
3. We’re on Facebook—search for “Community of Christ Church Mobile.”
4. David Gross, Jr. can make you a very nice church logo name badge if you want. Ask him for one via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Joe Bracewell is available for hospital ministry. (344 – 6137)
“Bear one another’s burdens and so fulfill the
law of Christ.” Galatians 6:2
The family of Louise Sebastian who passed away this past week.
The families who lost children and loved ones in Parkland, Florida.
Dot Brister (member of Escatawpa congregation, recovering from a stroke)
Patrick Kaufman and family (39-yr old friend of George Farnell, Melanoma stage 4)
Tommy Richardson (neighbor of Ed Fleming, dealing with effects of a stroke)
Albert McManus III (psoriatic arthritis)
The President of our country
Elizabeth Barbour (recovering from a stroke)
The law enforcement officers of our community
Donna McCauley (Allen Memorial Home, Room 56)
NOTE: Prayer requests will remain on the prayer list for one month and will be deleted unless we are notified otherwise. Please call Debbie Lynn, 251-604-2890, to add or delete names. You can also email Debbie: email@example.com