“We Proclaim Jesus Christ and Promote
Communities of Joy, Hope, Love and Peace”
Mobile Congregation International Headquarters
672 Azalea Road 1001 W. Walnut
Mobile, AL 36609 Independence, MO 6405
Congregation Pastoral Team
Pastor: Wayne Gibson, 228/383-7888 (call or text), firstname.lastname@example.org
Jerolyn McManus 251-455-5766
Joe Bracewell 251-344-6137
John Sebastian 251-661-7753
“What Wondrous Love”
March 11, 2018
Announcements Elder Wayne Gibson
Prelude Elder Anne Rose
Welcome and Call to Worship Bishop Stancil Wilson
*Hymn “Now In This Moment ” CCS 96
*Invocation Phyllis Boyd
*Response Elder Anne Rose
Sacrament of Confirmation
Significance Deacon Jeremy Wilson
Song of Preparation “I’ll Walk with God” Seventy Roger Rose
Confirmation of Lauren Dees Tate
by Elder Sheila Steiner, assisted by Evangelist Larry Steiner
Special Offering for Officer Justin Billa Elder Wayne Gibson
Disciples’ Generous Response Bishop Stancil Wilson
Blessing & Receiving of Mission Tithes and Offerings
Sermon “What Wondrous Love” Evangelist Larry Steiner
* Hymn “What Wondrous Love is This” CCS 454
*Closing Prayer Priest Verona Gazzier
*Postlude Elder Anne Rose
* Denotes congregation is invited to stand when directed or to remain standing.
“CCS” Denotes “Community of Christ Sings,” the blue hymn book.
Deacon in Charge Rick Griffin
WHAT’S COMING UP
1. This Wednesday, March 14
10:30a.m. Congregational Prayer get together
2. This Saturday, March 17
8:00 a.m. – Noon Food Pantry Distribution Day in the ROC
3. Next Sunday, March 18
9:30a.m. Everyone gather in Fellowship room for meet & greet and a devotion.
9:45 – 10:35a.m. Sunday school (classes according to age group)
9:30 – 10:30am Choir practice
10:45 – 11:00a.m. Announcements
11:00– Noon Worship Service: “Glorify God”
Presider: Worship Committee
Deacon in Charge: Jeremy Wilson
Accompanist: Sheila Steiner
2:30 pm. Aaronic Priesthood meeting
1. A special offering will be taken TODAY, March 11, for Mobile Police Officer Justin Billa who was killed in the line of duty.
2. Congregational Sharing and Prayer get together will be THIS Wednesday, March 14 at 10:30am. Come enjoy sharing with us.
3. Aaronic Priesthood meeting for ALL Aaronic Priesthood will be NEXT Sunday, March 18, 2:30pm. Very important. Please plan to attend
4. Choir practice for March will be on March 18th and 25th to prepare for the Easter Service on April 1.
5. New worship coming! Come and see on March 18th.
6. ATTENTION: The Easter Sunday service will begin at 10:30am. Please take note and help us spread the word to family and friends.
7. The Women’s Department will meet on Saturday, March 24, 2018 at 10:30am at the church. Lunch will be provided. Make plans to attend! See you there!
1. Pastor Wayne Gibson is available on Wednesday & Friday mornings 8:00am – 12:00pm at the church
2. We post videos of our Sunday 11:00 a.m. worship services at www.cofchristmobile.com.
3. We’re on Facebook—search for “Community of Christ Church Mobile.”
4. David Gross, Jr. can make you a very nice church logo name badge if you want. Ask him for one via email at email@example.com.
5. Joe Bracewell is available for hospital ministry. (344 – 6137)
“Bear one another’s burdens and so fulfill the
law of Christ.” Galatians 6:2
The family of Ed Fleming who passed away this past week.
Dave Clark ( Mulllaney Wilson’s brother)
The family of Louise Sebastian who passed March 1, 2018.
The families who lost children and loved ones in Parkland, Florida.
Dot Brister (member of Escatawpa congregation, recovering from a stroke)
Patrick Kaufman and family (39-yr old friend of George Farnell, Melanoma stage 4)
Tommy Richardson (neighbor of Ed Fleming, dealing with effects of a stroke)
Albert McManus III (psoriatic arthritis)
The President of our country
Elizabeth Barbour (recovering from a stroke)
The law enforcement officers of our community
Donna McCauley (Allen Memorial Home, Room 56)
NOTE: Prayer requests will remain on the prayer list for one month and will be deleted unless we are notified otherwise. Please call Debbie Lynn, 251-604-2890, to add or delete names. You can also email Debbie: firstname.lastname@example.org
• $1,346 – Average weekly income to meet 2018 budget
• $1093 – Average weekly income for February
• $1,178 – Average weekly income for YTD