“We Proclaim Jesus Christ and Promote
Communities of Joy, Hope, Love and Peace”
Mobile Congregation International Headquarters
672 Azalea Road 1001 W. Walnut
Mobile, AL 36609 Independence, MO 6405
Congregation Pastoral Team
Pastor: Wayne Gibson, 228/383-7888 (call or text), email@example.com
Jerolyn McManus 251-455-5766
Joe Bracewell 251-344-6137
John Sebastian 251-661-7753
“Peace Be With You”
April 8, 2018
Prelude Elder Anne Rose
Presider’s Moments High Priest R.G. Barbour, Sr.
Call to Worship Brenda Salzman
*Hymn of Praise “Rejoice Ye Saints of Latter Days” CCS 81
*Invocation Priest Verona Gazzier
Prayer for Peace Mullaney, Leia & Cali Wilson
Lighting of Peace Candle
Disciples’ Generous Response Deacon Jeremy Wilson
Blessing & Receiving of Mission Tithes and Offerings
Hymn “Lord Make Us Instruments” CCS 364
Sermon Bishop Stancil Wilson
*Hymn “Make Us, O God, A Church That Shares” CCS 657
*Closing Prayer Noah Wilson
*Postlude Elder Anne Rose
* Denotes congregation is invited to stand when directed or to remain standing.
“CCS” Denotes “Community of Christ Sings,” the blue hymn book.
Deacon in Charge Donnie Startz
WHAT’S COMING UP
1. This Wednesday, April 11
10:30a.m. Congregational Prayer get together
2. This Thursday, April 12
6:30 p.m. Bible Study Group at Sonny & Jean Goff’s home.
3. Next Sunday, April 15
9:30a.m. Everyone gather in Fellowship room for meet & greet and a devotion.
9:45 – 10:35a.m. Sunday school (classes according to age group)
10:45 – 11:00a.m. Announcements
11:00– Noon Worship Service: “You Are Witnesses”
Presider: Sheila Steiner
Speaking: Verona Gazzier
Deacon in Charge: Jeremy Wilson
Accompanist: Anne Rose
12:15 – 1:00p.m. “Lunch and Learn” Youth Sunday School class for middle and high school youth. Teacher: Tim Hogue
1. The Easter Crosses on the front entry doors are given in memory of Joel Christopher McManus by Albert and Jerolyn McManus.
2. Congregational Prayer and Sharing time this Wednesday April 11 at 10:30am. Come fellowship with us!
3. “Role of Presider” class will be held Saturday, April 14, 9:30 – 11:30am with lunch to follow. Gary and Marsha Howard will be the instructors. All Melchisedec priesthood and Aaronic priests are asked to attend. Make your plans now.
4. New “Lunch and Learn” youth Sunday School Class will begin NEXT Sunday April 15, 12:15 – 1:00 pm. Teacher will be High Priest Tim Hogue. Class will be for middle school and high school age children. Class will meet twice monthly. Please help support this class.
5. Priesthood meeting for ALL priesthood will be Sunday April 22 at 2:00pm. Please make plans to attend.
Camp Dates for 2018
June 17-23 Senior High July 22-29 Spectacular
June 24-30 Junior High June 6-10 Camp Skamp
July 1-6 Junior June 11-16 AL-NWFL &Gulf MC Reunion
July 19-20 IYF
***Applications must be postmarked by May 31st for early registration & reduced rate
1. Pastor Wayne Gibson is available on Wednesday & Friday mornings 8:00am – 12:00pm at the church
2. We post videos of our Sunday 11:00 a.m. worship services at www.cofchristmobile.com.
3. We’re on Facebook—search for “Community of Christ Church Mobile.”
4. David Gross, Jr. can make you a very nice church logo name badge if you want. Ask him for one via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Joe Bracewell is available for hospital ministry. (344 – 6137)
“Bear one another’s burdens and so fulfill the
law of Christ.” Galatians 6:2
Lisa MacKendrick (Jeri McManus’ niece, possible kidney stones)
Mara Charrie (friend of Jeri McManus who has breast cancer)
Albert McManus, Jr. (injured his foot)
Gail Peavy (broke her hip)
Dave Clark ( Mulllaney Wilson’s brother)
Patrick Kaufman and family (39-yr old friend of George Farnell, Melanoma stage 4)
Albert McManus III (psoriatic arthritis)
The President of our country
Elizabeth Barbour (recovering from a stroke)
The law enforcement officers of our community
Donna McCauley (Allen Memorial Home, Room 56)
NOTE: Prayer requests will remain on the prayer list for one month and will be deleted unless we are notified otherwise. Please call Debbie Lynn, 251-604-2890, to add or delete names. You can also email Debbie: email@example.com