“We Proclaim Jesus Christ and Promote
Communities of Joy, Hope, Love and Peace”
Mobile Congregation International Headquarters
672 Azalea Road 1001 W. Walnut
Mobile, AL 36609 Independence, MO 6405
Congregation Pastoral Team
Pastor: Wayne Gibson, 228/383-7888 (call or text), email@example.com
Jerolyn McManus 251-455-5766
Joe Bracewell 251-344-6137
John Sebastian 251-661-7753
“Who is My Mother, Who is My Brother?”
June 10, 2018
Announcements Elder Wayne Gibson
Prelude Elder Sheila Steiner
Welcome and Call to Worship Elder Joe Bracewell
*Opening Hymn: “Standing on the Promises” CCS 257
*Invocation Elder Joe Bracewell
*Response Elder Sheila Steiner
Disciples’ Generous Response Elder Jerolyn McManus
Blessing & Receiving of Mission Tithes and Offerings
Ministry of Music “It is Well” Kevin Day
Meditation Elder Sheila Steiner
*Closing Hymn “The Spirit of God” CCS 384
*Closing Prayer / Sending Forth Elder Jerolyn McManus
*Postlude Elder Sheila Steiner
* Denotes congregation is invited to stand when directed or to remain standing.
“CCS” Denotes “Community of Christ Sings,” the blue hymn book.
Deacon in Charge Rick Griffin
WHAT’S COMING UP
1. This Wednesday, June 13
10:30 a.m. Congregational Prayer and Sharing Hour.
2. This Thursday, June 14
6:30 p.m. Bible Study Group at Sonny & Jean Goff’s home.
3. This Saturday, June 16
8:00 a.m. – Noon. Food Pantry Distribution Day in the ROC
4. Next Sunday, June 17
9:30a.m. Everyone gather in Fellowship room for meet & greet and a devotion.
9:45 – 10:35a.m. Sunday school
10:45 – 11:00a.m. Announcements
11:00– Noon Worship Service: “Growing the Kingdom of God”
Presider: Jerri McManus
Speaking: Wayne Gibson
Deacon in Charge: Jeremy Wilson
Accompanist: Anne Rose
1. Congregational Prayer and Sharing hour will be this Wednesday, June 13 at 10:30am. Make your plans to attend.
2. Father’s Day service next Sunday, June 17th. Come worship with us.
3. The choir will start back on Sunday August 19th and 26th from 9:30 – 10:30am.
4. Please write down any corrections to the new church directory and give to either Wayne Gibson or Debbie Lynn. We will be printing a correction sheet to add to the directory. You may also leave the corrections on the table in the Pastor’s study or the desk in the office by the side door.
Camp Dates for 2018
June 17-23 Senior High July 22-29 Spectacular
June 24-30 Junior High June 6-10 Camp Skamp
July 1-6 Junior June 11-16 AL-NWFL &Gulf MC Reunion
July 19-20 IYF
1. Pastor Wayne Gibson is available on Wednesday & Friday mornings 8:00am – 12:00pm at the church
2. We post videos of our Sunday 11:00 a.m. worship services at www.cofchristmobile.com.
3. We’re on Facebook—search for “Community of Christ Church Mobile.”
4. David Gross, Jr. can make you a very nice church logo name badge if you want. Ask him for one via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Joe Bracewell is available for hospital ministry. (344 – 6137)
“Bear one another’s burdens and so fulfill the
law of Christ.” Galatians 6:2
Rick Griffin (recovering from open heart surgery)
Levi Ford (infant grandson of a dear friend of Bob and Sonny Blake. He has only ½ a heart, has had multiple heart surgeries and is trying to wean off a feeding tube)
Beth Houle (Assistant Scoutmaster of our Boy Scout troop, recovering from open heart surgery)
Albert McManus, Jr. (recovering from bypass surgery)
Robert Clifton III (friend of Startz family)
Blake Dailey (son of Ray & Denise Dailey)
Denise Dailey (foot surgery)
Albert McManus III (psoriatic arthritis)
The President of our country
The law enforcement officers of our community
Donna McCauley (Allen Memorial Home, Room 56)
NOTE: Prayer requests will remain on the prayer list for one month and will be deleted unless we are notified otherwise. Please call Debbie Lynn, 251-604-2890, to add or delete names. You can also email Debbie: email@example.com
• $1,346 – Average weekly income to meet 2018 budget
• $1,300 – Average weekly income for April
• $1,082 – Average weekly income for May
• $1,280 – Average weekly income YTD