“We Proclaim Jesus Christ and Promote
Communities of Joy, Hope, Love and Peace”
Mobile Congregation International Headquarters
672 Azalea Road 1001 W. Walnut
Mobile, AL 36609Independence, MO 6405
Congregation Pastoral Team
Pastor: Wayne Gibson, 228/383-7888 (call or text), email@example.com
Jerolyn McManus 251-455-5766
Joe Bracewell 251-344-6137
John Sebastian 251-661-7753
July 15, 2018
Announcements Elder Wayne Gibson
Prelude Ann Jernigan
Welcome and Call to Worship Elder Joe Bracewell
*Hymn “Great and Marvelous Are They Works” CCS 118
*Invocation Elder Joe Bracewell
*Response Ann Jernigan
Prayer for Peace & Lighting Peace Candle Priest Verona Gazzier
Disciples’ Generous Response Priest Verona Gazzier
Blessing & Receiving of Local and Worldwide Mission Tithes
Morning Message “You Be Jesus” Evangelist Larry Steiner
*Closing Hymn “Sent Forth by God’s Blessing” CCS 648
*Response Ann Jernigan
*Postlude Ann Jernigan
* Denotes congregation is invited to stand when directed or to remain standing.
“CCS” Denotes “Community of Christ Sings,” the blue hymn book.
Deacon in Charge Mary Oaks
WHAT’S COMING UP
12:00 noon Priesthood Meeting
2. This Saturday, July 21
8:00 a.m. – Noon. Food Pantry Distribution Day in the ROC
3. Next Sunday, July 22
9:30a.m. Everyone gather in Fellowship room for meet & greet and a devotion.
9:45 – 10:35a.m. Sunday school
10:45 – 11:00a.m. Announcements
11:00– Noon Worship Service: “Touch Us, Lord Jesus”
Presider: Tim Hogue
Speaking: George Farnell
Deacon in Charge: Donnie Startz
Accompanist: Sharon Clarke
1. Priesthood meeting TODAY immediately following the 11:00 service. Please make every effort to attend.
2. John Sebastian sends a THANK YOU for all the prayers, cards, calls and love shown to him over the past week and a half.
3. July Food Pantry is THIS Saturday July 21st. We need extra help!
4. Red Cross Blood Drive next Wednesday July 25, 12 – 5 pm in the ROC. Give the gift of life.
5. POTLUCK dinner Sunday, July 29. Bring your favorite dish, salad and/or dessert. Come join us and enjoy good ole Community of Christ fellowship.
6. The choir will start back on Sunday August 19th and 26th from 9:30 – 10:30am.
Camp Dates for 2018
July 19-20 IYF
July 22-29 Spectacular
1. Pastor Wayne Gibson is available on Wednesday & Friday mornings 8:00am – 12:00pm at the church
2. We post videos of our Sunday 11:00 a.m. worship services at www.cofchristmobile.com.
3. We’re on Facebook—search for “Community of Christ Church Mobile.”
4. David Gross, Jr. can make you a very nice church logo name badge if you want. Ask him for one via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Joe Bracewell is available for hospital ministry. (344 – 6137)
“Bear one another’s burdens and so fulfill the
law of Christ.” Galatians 6:2
Family of George McCollum (Nancy Gazzier’s brother who passed away July 6th)
Brent Hartzog (friend of Donnie Startz, lost a foot)
Melissa (lost her husband, friend of Debbie & Steve Wilson)
Norma (lost her daughter, friend of Debbie & Steve Wilson)
Ann Harrison (lung cancer)
Dana Stowell (Charles Peavy’s niece)
Eddie Reeves (neighbor of Jerri McManus with liver issues)
Rick Griffin (recovering from open heart surgery)
Albert McManus, Jr. (recovering from bypass surgery)
Albert McManus III (psoriatic arthritis)
The President of our country
The law enforcement officers of our community
Donna McCauley (Allen Memorial Home, Room 56)
NOTE: Prayer requests will remain on the prayer list for one month and will be deleted unless we are notified otherwise. Please call Debbie Lynn, 251-604-2890, to add or delete names. You can also email Debbie: email@example.com
• $1,346 – Average weekly income to meet 2018 budget
• $1,273 – Average weekly income for June
• $1,279 – Average weekly income YTD