“We Proclaim Jesus Christ and Promote
Communities of Joy, Hope, Love and Peace”
Mobile Congregation International Headquarters
672 Azalea Road 1001 W. Walnut
Mobile, AL 36609Independence, MO 6405
Congregation Pastoral Team
Pastor: Wayne Gibson, 228/383-7888 (call or text), firstname.lastname@example.org
Jerolyn McManus 251-455-5766
Joe Bracewell 251-344-6137
John Sebastian 251-661-7753
“Abide in Me”
August 19, 2018
Announcements Pastor Wayne Gibson
Prelude Elder Sheila Steiner
Hymn of Praise “Standing on the Promises” CCS 257
Welcome & Call to Worship Elder Jerolyn McManus
*Opening Hymn “Redeemer of Israel” CCS 388
*Invocation High Priest Richard Barbour
*Response Elder Sheila Steiner
Disciples’ Generous Response Deacon Donnie Startz
Blessing & Receiving of Local and Worldwide Mission Tithes
Prayer for Peace Jim Bowers
Hymn of Preparation “Come Holy Spirit, Come” CCS 154
Morning Message Elder Joe Bracewell
Musical Meditation Elder Sheila Steiner
*Closing Hymn “Now Let Our Hearts within Us Burn” CCS 658
*Closing Prayer Steve Wilson
*Response Elder Sheila Steiner
*Postlude Elder Sheila Steiner
If you were arrested for being a Christian,
would there be enough evidence to convict you?
* Denotes congregation is invited to stand when directed or to remain standing.
“CCS” Denotes “Community of Christ Sings,” the blue hymn book.
Deacon in Charge Jeremy Wilson
WHAT’S COMING UP
1. Next Sunday, August 26
9:30a.m. Everyone gather in Fellowship room for meet & greet and a devotion.
9:45 – 10:35a.m. Sunday school
10:45 – 11:00a.m. Announcements
11:00– Noon Worship Service: “The Demands of Discipleship”
Presider: Jennifer Fleming
Speaking: Tim Hogue
Deacon in Charge: Donnie Startz
Accompanist: Anne Rose
1. Our prayers are with the Phinney family for the loss of Lori’s father, Joe Crawford, who passed away Wednesday morning. Funeral and burial were Friday in Lone Star.
2. Please inform Pastor Wayne Gibson if you would like to attend World Conference next year as a delegate from our Mission Center. Names will be submitted to Mission Center President Shawn Ward prior to the Mission Center Conference on October 14.
3. Important Dates:
Sept 1-3 Labor Day Retreat Cost $80
Oct 13-14 Mission Center Conference in Escatawpa
4. The choir will start back Sunday September 23rd and 30th from 9:30 – 10:30am.
1. Pastor Wayne Gibson is available on Wednesday & Friday mornings 8:00am – 12:00pm at the church
2. We post videos of our Sunday 11:00 a.m. worship services at www.cofchristmobile.com.
3. We’re on Facebook—search for “Community of Christ Church Mobile.”
4. David Gross, Jr. can make you a very nice church logo name badge if you want. Ask him for one via email at email@example.com.
5. Joe Bracewell is available for hospital ministry. (344 – 6137)
“Bear one another’s burdens and so fulfill the
law of Christ.” Galatians 6:2
The Family of Joe Crawford (Lori Phinney’s father who passed away)
Trey & Monica Ezell (daughter & son-in-law of Judy Lindsey)
Jim Crone (friend of Joe Bracewell and Steve Wilson who has cancer)
Natalie (Donnie Startz’ niece, in critical condition after a car accident)
Brent Hartzog (friend of Donnie Startz, lost a foot)
Dana Stowell (Charles Peavy’s niece)
Eddie Reeves (neighbor of Jerri McManus with liver issues)
Lib Barbour (recovering from a stroke)
Albert McManus III (psoriatic arthritis)
The President of our country
The law enforcement officers of our community
Donna McCauley (Allen Memorial Home, Room 56)
NOTE: Prayer requests will remain on the prayer list for one month and will be deleted unless we are notified otherwise. Please call Debbie Lynn, 251-604-2890, to add or delete names. You can also email Debbie: firstname.lastname@example.org
• $1,346 – Average weekly income to meet 2018 budget
• $1,226 – Average weekly income for July
• $1,270 – Average weekly income YTD