Posted by Community of Christ Church Mobile Alabama on Sunday, March 31, 2019
“We Proclaim Jesus Christ and Promote
Communities of Joy, Hope, Love and Peace”
Mobile Congregation International Headquarters
672 Azalea Road 1001 W. Walnut
Mobile, AL 36609 Independence, MO 64050
Congregation Pastoral Team
Pastor: Wayne Gibson, 228/383-7888 (call or text), email@example.com
Jerolyn McManus 251-455-5766
Joe Bracewell 251-344-6137
March 31, 2019
Announcements Pastor Wayne Gibson
Prelude Elder Sheila Steiner
Welcome Evangelist Larry Steiner
Call to Worship – John 3: 16 & 17
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his Only Begotten Son, that whosover believeth on him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through him might be saved.”
*Hymn of Praise “Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing” CCS 87
*Invocation Priest John Parker
Prayer for Peace Mary Day
“O God of Love, Grant Us Your Peace”
Message Jerolyn McManus
Hymn of Grace “Amazing Grace” CCS 19
Disciples’ Generous Response Al Louis Starr
Blessing & Receiving of Local and Worldwide Mission Tithes
*Hymn of Commitment “God of Grace and God of Glory ” CCS 624
*Closing Prayer Elder John Sebastian
*Sending Forth Elder John Sebastian
“Let us now go forth into the world and extend God’s amazing grace to others!”
*Postlude Elder Sheila Steiner
* Denotes congregation is invited to stand when directed or to remain standing.
“CCS” Denotes “Community of Christ Sings,” the blue hymn book.
Deacon in Charge Donnie Startz
WHAT’S COMING UP
1. Next Sunday, April 7
9:30a.m. Congregational prayer service
10:45 – 11:00a.m. Announcements
11:00– Noon Worship Service: “A Priceless Offering”
Presider: Helen Carty
Speaking: Wayne Gibson
Deacon in Charge: Jeremy Wilson
Accompanist: Sheila Steiner
1. Congregational prayer service next Sunday, April 7 at 9:30am. Brother Richard Barbour will preside. Everyone is urged to attend.
2. Our Maundy Thursday and Good Friday services will be at 6:30pm. Please make your plans now to attend.
3. All Senior members are invited to a luncheon April 10th at Morrison Cafeteria. Meet at 11:00 am to enjoy good food and fellowship.
4. We need the dates of all wedding anniversaries. Please contact Pastor Wayne or Debbie Lynn via phone, text or email.
5. Sunday School Classes: Adults – Book of John study, Paul Jernigan teacher; Middle/High School – Tim Hogue, teacher; K to 5th grade – Ann Jernigan, teacher.
6. Important Dates:
Apr 13 Day of fasting and prayer for Easter week
Apr 14 Palm Sunday
Apr 18 Maundy Thursday Service, 6:30pm
Apr 19 Good Friday Service, 6:30pm
Apr 21 Easter Sunday
7. 2019 Camp dates:
June 16 – 22 Senior High Camp; June 23 – 29 Junior High Camp
June 30 – July 5 Junior Camp July 20 – 27 Spectacular
1. Pastor Wayne Gibson is available on Wednesday & Friday mornings 8:00am – 12:00pm at the church
2. We post videos of our Sunday 11:00 a.m. worship services at www.cofchristmobile.com.
3. We’re on Facebook—search for “Community of Christ Church Mobile.”
4. David Gross, Jr. can make you a very nice church logo name badge if you want. Ask him for one via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Joe Bracewell is available for hospital ministry. (344 – 6137)
“Bear one another’s burdens and so fulfill the
law of Christ.” Galatians 6:2
Church members in New Zealand
Evarts “Ev” English (Sean Phinney’s grandfather, undergoing cancer treatment)
Frances Bowers (recovering from surgery)
Rod Tillman (cancer)
Gilleree Rickard (Helen Carty and Peggy Clement’s sister very ill)
Jaqueline Martin (knee surgery on Feb 28th)
Evan Decker (going through chemotherapy for cancer)
Zachery Cotton (21 year old friend of David Gross)
Erin & Jeff Broderick (Tim Hogue’s daughter and son-in-law, premature delivery of their baby )
Albert McManus III
The President of our country
The law enforcement officers of our community
Sonny Blake – Gordon Oaks, Room 416 251-401-2161
NOTE: Prayer requests will remain on the prayer list for one month and will be deleted unless we are notified otherwise. Please call Debbie Lynn, 251-604-2890, to add or delete names. You can also email Debbie: email@example.com
Birthdays Mar 31 – Apr 6
Doris Startz, Mitchell Stringer
OUTREACH COMMITTEE: Larry Steiner, Peggy Clements, Rick Griffin and Kathy Williams. Please contact these members with suggestions on outreach possibilities.