April 7, 2019 Wayne Gibson shares: "A Priceless Offering"
Posted by Community of Christ Church Mobile Alabama on Sunday, April 7, 2019
“We Proclaim Jesus Christ and Promote
Communities of Joy, Hope, Love and Peace”
Mobile Congregation International Headquarters
672 Azalea Road 1001 W. Walnut
Mobile, AL 36609 Independence, MO 64050
Congregation Pastoral Team
Pastor: Wayne Gibson, 228/383-7888 (call or text), firstname.lastname@example.org
Jerolyn McManus 251-455-5766
Joe Bracewell 251-344-6137
“A Priceless Offering”
Sacrament of the Lord’s Supper
April 7, 2019
Announcements Pastor Wayne Gibson
Prelude Elder Sheila Steiner
Gathering Hymn “O Lord, Grace Our Communion” CCS 80
Welcome Elder Jerolyn McManus
Call to Worship – Responsive Reading
Leader: We were like those who dream
ALL: when the Lord restored the fortunes of Zion.
Leader: We were filled with laughter,
ALL: we shouted for joy.
Leader: Other nations said, “The Lord has done great things for them,”
ALL: The Lord has done great things for us,
Leader: and we rejoiced.
ALL: We are one happy people.
Leader: Restore our fortunes, God.
ALL: Bring rain to our lives of famine.
Leader: May those who sow in tears
ALL: come home with shouts of joy at the harvest,
Leader: Those who left weeping, bearing the seed for sowing
ALL: will come home with shouts of joy and multitudes of blessing.
*Hymn “Rain Down” CCS 260
*Prayer of Invocation Evangelist Glenn Barlow
Lighting of Peace Candle & Prayer for Peace Elder Joe Bracewell
Focus Hymn “Is There One Who Feels Unworthy? “ CCS 526
Sacrament of the Lord’s Supper
Communion Message Elder Wayne Gibson
Preparation of Emblems Elders
Invitation to the Table Elder Jerolyn McManus
Blessing and Serving of Bread and Wine Priests
Disciples’ Generous Response Elder Tanya Moore
Blessing & Receiving of Local and Worldwide Mission Tithes
*Hymn of Blessing “God Be with You Till We Meet Again ” CCS 664
*Benediction Prayer High Priest Barbara Barlow
*Postlude Elder Sheila Steiner
* Denotes congregation is invited to stand when directed or to remain standing.
“CCS” Denotes “Community of Christ Sings,” the blue hymn book.
Deacon in Charge Jeremy Wilson
WHAT’S COMING UP
1. Next Sunday, April 14 – Palm Sunday
9:30a.m. Everyone gather in Fellowship room for meet & greet and a devotion.
9:45a.m. – 10:45a.m. Sunday School
10:45 – 11:00a.m. Announcements
11:00– Noon Worship Service: “Joyfully Praise God”
Presider: Peggy Clements
Speaking: Sheila Steiner
Deacon in Charge: Rick Griffin
Accompanist: Ann Jernigan
1. All Senior members are invited to a luncheon this Wednesday, April 10th at Morrison Cafeteria. Meet at 11:00 am to enjoy good food and fellowship.
2. Please remember our day of fasting and prayer THIS Saturday, April 13, for our Easter services.
3. Our Maundy Thursday and Good Friday services will be at 6:30pm. Please make your plans now to attend.
4. We are planning an “Ole Time” hymn sing for May 5th at 5:00pm. Refreshments to follow in the Fellowship Room. Barbara Barlow will be in charge of this event. Mark your calendars today.
5. We need the dates of all wedding anniversaries. Please contact Pastor Wayne or Debbie Lynn via phone, text or email.
6. Sunday School Classes: Adults – Book of John study, Paul Jernigan teacher; Middle/High School – Tim Hogue, teacher; K to 5th grade – Ann Jernigan, teacher.
7. Important Dates:
Apr 13 Day of fasting and prayer for Easter week
Apr 14 Palm Sunday
Apr 18 Maundy Thursday Service, 6:30pm
Apr 19 Good Friday Service, 6:30pm
Apr 21 Easter Sunday, 10:30am
May 5 Ole Time Hymn sing, 5:00pm
8. 2019 Camp dates:
June 16 – 22 Senior High Camp; June 23 – 29 Junior High Camp
June 30 – July 5 Junior Camp July 20 – 27 Spectacular
1. Pastor Wayne Gibson is available on Wednesday & Friday mornings 8:00am – 12:00pm at the church
2. We post videos of our Sunday 11:00 a.m. worship services at www.cofchristmobile.com.
3. We’re on Facebook—search for “Community of Christ Church Mobile.”
4. David Gross, Jr. can make you a very nice church logo name badge if you want. Ask him for one via email at email@example.com.
5. Joe Bracewell is available for hospital ministry. (344 – 6137)
“Bear one another’s burdens and so fulfill the
law of Christ.” Galatians 6:2
Evan Decker (major cancer surgery on April 10th)
Family of Gilleree Rickard who passed away in March
Leslie Guevara (22 year old with lupus, friend of Jerri McManus’ grandson)
Church members in New Zealand
Evarts “Ev” English (Sean Phinney’s grandfather, undergoing cancer treatment)
Rod Tillman (cancer)
Albert McManus III
The President of our country
The law enforcement officers of our community
Sonny Blake – Gordon Oaks, Room 416 251-401-2161
NOTE: Prayer requests will remain on the prayer list for one month and will be deleted unless we are notified otherwise. Please call Debbie Lynn, 251-604-2890, to add or delete names. You can also email Debbie: firstname.lastname@example.org
Birthdays April 7 – April 13
Jean Goff, John Parker
OUTREACH COMMITTEE: Larry Steiner, Peggy Clements, Rick Griffin and Kathy Williams. Please contact these members with suggestions on outreach possibilities.