April 14, 2019 Palm Sunday with Sheila Steiner bringing our message today.
Posted by Community of Christ Church Mobile Alabama on Sunday, April 14, 2019
“We Proclaim Jesus Christ and Promote
Communities of Joy, Hope, Love and Peace”
Mobile Congregation International Headquarters
672 Azalea Road 1001 W. Walnut
Mobile, AL 36609 Independence, MO 64050
Congregation Pastoral Team
Pastor: Wayne Gibson, 228/383-7888 (call or text), email@example.com
Jerolyn McManus 251-455-5766
Joe Bracewell 251-344-6137
“Joyfully Praise God”
April 14, 2019
Announcements Pastor Wayne Gibson
Prelude Ann Jernigan
Welcome & Call to Worship Priest Peggy Clements
Leader: Rejoice greatly, O daughter Zion!
Leader: Shout aloud, O daughter Jerusalem! Lo, your king comes to you;
People: Hosanna to the King!
Leader: Triumphant and victorious is he, humble and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey.
People: Be exalted, O Lord my God.
Leader: He shall command peace to the nations;
People: Hosanna to Jesus, the bringer of peace and salvation
Video: “Jesus’ Entrance into Jerusalem”
*Opening Hymn “All Hail the Power of Jesus’ Name” CCS 105
*Invocation High Priest Tim Hogue
*Response Ann Jernigan
Lighting of Peace Candle & Prayer for Peace Beth Johnston
Merciful God, as we enter this holy week and gather on this day that your son, Jesus Christ, entered the city of Jerusalem surrounded by those who spread their garments and palm branches along his way, we pray for peace throughout our world. We pray for enemies to be reconciled, and we pray for justice to be done.
For all who follow the way of the cross this week, we pray that the passion of Christ may sustain our faith and enliven our witness to the world. Turn our hearts to the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Amen.
Disciples’ Generous Response Deacon Donnie Startz
Blessing & Receiving of Local and Worldwide Mission Tithes
Reading Selection: “The Donkey’s Lightest Burden” Jonnette Miller
Palm Sunday Message Elder Sheila Steiner
*Hymn “O Young and Fearless Prophet ” CCS 36
*Closing Prayer Priest Peggy Clements
*Postlude Ann Jernigan
**Please feel free to take a palm branch home after the service.
* Denotes congregation is invited to stand when directed or to remain standing.
“CCS” Denotes “Community of Christ Sings,” the blue hymn book.
Deacon in Charge Rick Griffin
WHAT’S COMING UP
1. This Thursday, April 18
6:30p.m. Maunday Thursday Service
2. This Friday, April 19
6:30p.m. Good Friday Service
3. Next Sunday, April 21 –Easter Sunday
10:30a.m. Worship Service: “I Have Seen the Lord”
Presider: Wayne Gibson
Speaking: Glenn Barlow
Deacon in Charge: Donnie Startz
Accompanist: Sheila Steiner
1. Our Maundy Thursday and Good Friday services will be at 6:30pm. Please make your plans now to attend.
2. We are planning an “Ole Time” hymn sing for May 5th at 5:00pm. Refreshments to follow in the Fellowship Room. Barbara Barlow will be in charge of this event. Mark your calendars today.
3. We need the dates of all wedding anniversaries. Please contact Pastor Wayne or Debbie Lynn via phone, text or email.
4. Sunday School Classes: Adults – Book of John study, Paul Jernigan teacher; Middle/High School – Tim Hogue, teacher; K to 5th grade – Ann Jernigan, teacher.
5. Important Dates:
Apr 18 Maundy Thursday Service, 6:30pm
Apr 19 Good Friday Service, 6:30pm
Apr 21 Easter Sunday, 10:30am
May 5 Ole Time Hymn sing, 5:00pm
6. 2019 Camp dates:
June 16 – 22 Senior High Camp; June 23 – 29 Junior High Camp
June 30 – July 5 Junior Camp July 20 – 27 Spectacular
1. Pastor Wayne Gibson is available on Wednesday & Friday mornings 8:00am – 12:00pm at the church
2. We post videos of our Sunday 11:00 a.m. worship services at www.cofchristmobile.com.
3. We’re on Facebook—search for “Community of Christ Church Mobile.”
4. David Gross, Jr. can make you a very nice church logo name badge if you want. Ask him for one via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Joe Bracewell is available for hospital ministry. (344 – 6137)
“Bear one another’s burdens and so fulfill the
law of Christ.” Galatians 6:2
Family of Rod Tillman who passed away April 11th
Emily Applin (knee replacement
Evan Decker (major cancer surgery on April 10th)
Family of Gilleree Rickard who passed away in March
Leslie Guevara (22 year old with lupus, friend of Jerri McManus’ grandson)
Church members in New Zealand
Evarts “Ev” English (Sean Phinney’s step-father, undergoing cancer treatment)
Albert McManus III
The President of our country
The law enforcement officers of our community
Sonny Blake – Gordon Oaks, Room 416 251-401-2161
NOTE: Prayer requests will remain on the prayer list for one month and will be deleted unless we are notified otherwise. Please call Debbie Lynn, 251-604-2890, to add or delete names. You can also email Debbie: email@example.com
Birthdays April 14 – April 20
Westley McPherson, Jim Bowers, Michele Griffin, Robin King
OUTREACH COMMITTEE: Larry Steiner, Peggy Clements, Rick Griffin and Kathy Williams. Please contact these members with suggestions on outreach possibilities.
$1346.00 monthly amount needed to meet 2019 budget
$1322.00 average offerings for March
$1418.00 average offerings YTD