May 26, 2019 Our Memorial Day Service. David Gross sharing: "Everyday is Memorial Day!"
Posted by Community of Christ Church Mobile Alabama on Sunday, May 26, 2019
“We Proclaim Jesus Christ and Promote
Communities of Joy, Hope, Love and Peace”
Mobile Congregation International Headquarters
672 Azalea Road 1001 W. Walnut
Mobile, AL 36609 Independence, MO 64050
Congregation Pastoral Team
Pastor: Wayne Gibson, 228/383-7888 (call or text), firstname.lastname@example.org
Jerolyn McManus 251-455-5766
Joe Bracewell 251-344-6137
“Listen for the Holy Spirit”
May 26, 2019
Prelude Elder Sheila Steiner
Announcements Pastor Wayne Gibson
Hymns of Rejoicing
“Great is Thy Faithfulness” CCS 11
“O God, Our Help in Ages Past” CCS 16
“Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing” CCS 87
Presiders Moment High Priest R G Barbour Sr.
Call to Worship Psalm 67: 3-5
*Gathering Hymn “Rejoice, Ye Saints of Latter Days” CCS 81
*Invocation Elder Kathryn WIlliams
*Response Elder Sheila Steiner
Light the Peace Candle Finch Gross
“Let There Be Peace on Earth” CCS 307
Prayer for Peace
Disciples’ Generous Response Bishop Stancil Wilson
Blessing & Receiving of Local and Worldwide Mission Tithes
Special Ministry Shara Matlock
Minister of the Hour Elder David Gross Jr.
*Closing Hymn “God Be with You Til We Meet Again” HS 488
*Evangelist Blessing Evangelist George Farnell
*Response Elder Sheila Steiner
*Postlude Elder Sheila Steiner
* Denotes congregation is invited to stand when directed or to remain standing.
“CCS” Denotes “Community of Christ Sings,” the blue hymn book.
Deacon in Charge Ron Williams
WHAT’S COMING UP
1. This Saturday, June 1
9:00am – 4:00pm “Sermon Preparation/Construction” course led by Brother David Lloyd.
2. Next Sunday, June 2
9:30a.m. Congregation prayer service.
10:45 – 11:00a.m. Announcements
11:00a.m. Worship Service: “Sent with Good News”
Presider: George Farnell
Speaking: David Lloyd
Deacon in Charge: Rick Griffin
Accompanist: Sheila Steiner
12 noon Pot Luck dinner
1. Our Congregational Prayer/Sharing service will be next Sunday, June 2, at 9:30am. Elder Jennifer Fleming will preside. We hope to see you there. The service will be in the Ladies’ Parlor.
2. We will have potluck dinner NEXT Sunday, June 2. Please bring your favorite dish or dessert. Come and enjoy good food and fellowship with Seventy David Lloyd, our guest minister for that day.
3. The Mobile Congregation has invited Brother David Lloyd to conduct a course entitled “Sermon Preparation / Construction” NEXT Saturday, June 1. The course will be at the Mobile Church from 9:00am to 4:00pm. Lunch will be provided for everyone. ALL priesthood are urged to attend. There is no cost. Brother Lloyd will also give the communion remarks on Sunday, June 2.
4. Seniors are planning a trip to the Dauphin Island Sea Lab on June 11 at 9:30am.
5. ALNWFL and Gulf MC Reunion
Guest Ministers: Seventy Mark Johnson and Elder Andrea Johnson, Invitational Support Ministers for the Southeast Mission Center, Co-pastors for the emerging Savannah Congregation. Reunion begins 3:30pm on June 10.
Date: June 10-15, 2019 Cost: $225 per person; (4 and under are free)
Registrar: Donna Wendling: email@example.com
6. We need the dates of all wedding anniversaries. Please contact Pastor Wayne or Debbie Lynn via phone, text or email.
7. Sunday School Classes: Adults – Book of John study, Paul Jernigan teacher; Middle/High School – Tim Hogue, teacher; K to 5th grade – Ann Jernigan, teacher.
8. Important Dates:
June 1 Priesthood class on sermon preparation and delivery
June 16 Father’s Day
9. 2019 Camp dates:
June 16 – 22 Senior High Camp; June 23 – 29 Junior High Camp
June 30 – July 5 Junior Camp July 20 – 27 Spectacular
Deadline for camp registration is May 31
1. Pastor Wayne Gibson is available on Wednesday & Friday mornings 8:00am – 12:00pm at the church
2. We post videos of our Sunday 11:00 a.m. worship services at www.cofchristmobile.com.
3. We’re on Facebook—search for “Community of Christ Church Mobile.”
4. David Gross, Jr. can make you a very nice church logo name badge if you want. Ask him for one via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Joe Bracewell is available for hospital ministry. (344 – 6137)
“Bear one another’s burdens and so fulfill the
law of Christ.” Galatians 6:2
Peggy Clements recovering from surgery
Leslie Guevara (22 year old with lupus, friend of Jerri McManus’ grandson)
Albert McManus III
The President of our country
The law enforcement officers of our community
Sonny Blake – Gordon Oaks, Room 416 251-401-2161
NOTE: Prayer requests will remain on the prayer list for one month and will be deleted unless we are notified otherwise. Please call Debbie Lynn, 251-604-2890, to add or delete names. You can also email Debbie: email@example.com
Birthdays May 26 – June 1
Terry Franklin, Jo Ann Meadows, Jonnette Miller, Annie Mae Presley
OUTREACH COMMITTEE: Larry Steiner, Peggy Clements, Rick Griffin and Kathy Williams. Please contact these members with suggestions on outreach possibilities.